HOW TO SET UP A WHITELIST ON YOUR MINECRAFT SERVER
Having a whitelist might be fairly vital if you have plans on creating a personal server. This may solely permit gamers that you just add to the whitelist to connect to your server. Anyone else that tries to attach shall be blocked from connecting, this keeps your server private and secure. That is great for safety because despite the fact that only you have to be the just one to know the IP address, sometimes associates will give it out to others who might probably grief the server.
We at all times advocate that you add a whitelist to your Minecraft server. Here at Apex, we give every of our users a novel IP, but there isn’t any different protection than this. Whitelisting is the primary line of defense to stop unauthorized users from connecting to your server and probably damaging your world. Activating a whitelist is very simple and we are going to stroll you through the steps.
Methods to make a private Minecraft server
Activating the whitelist for Java Edition
1. Head to the sport Panel
2. To the left of the panel, open the console and kind “whitelist on”, then press enter.
3. When you kind this, you should see a message that says “Turned on the whitelist” confirming that the whitelist has been successfully activated.
Activating the whitelist for Bedrock Edition
1. Head to the sport panel and stop the server.
2. To the left of the panel, click on on “Config Files” then “Server Settings”.
3. Locate “Whitelist” and alter it to true, then click save.
4. Head again to the sport panel and start the server again up.
Including gamers to the whitelist
1. Minecraft servers Head to the sport panel and open the console.
2. In the console, you will need to type “whitelist add playername”. For example, “whitelist add LordNoah”.
3. After you sort this command, you will see a message stating “player added to whitelist”.
Removing gamers from the whitelist
1. Head to the game panel and open the console.
2. In the console, kind “whitelist take away playername”.
3. After this command is entered into console, you’ll see a message saying “player faraway from whitelist”
Within the console, be sure you are typing these with no /. In case you are wanting to make use of these commands in-sport, make certain to use a /.
Getting the “Not implemented” message when attempting to activate whitelist from the console.
In Bedrock Version, the whitelist must be enabled by the server.properties. Stop the server, head to Config Files, then Server Settings, change “whitelist” to true and press save. When you do that, simply begin the server and all you have to do is add gamers with the “whitelist add playername” command.